Old October 10th 11, 06:08 AM posted to aus.bicycle
tomasso

Default dunlop

Phil H wrote:
On Oct 10, 9:31 am, "tomasso" wrote:

Council seems to be doing a bit of recycling down in Bay St. Probably a good thing.

Do they collect the wrecks off the street?

And what about that hideous purple bike chained to a tree in front of
the Lord Wolsley? It was there for months. I was surprised it lasted
as long as it did. (Mental note: nobody steals purple bikes.)

No, they collect bikes from the dump, if cleant them up not too bad, and put
a sign on it with a phone number (and a modest price), chained to a light post
outside the Council Depot on Bay St. That's a form of recycling. Someone
probably makes a few bucks a week.

Don't know if council remove hideous orphan frames (like outside out local).

I can find out if it happens in the country. Brother works at one of the councils
(surveying and designing cycle paths - somewhat better than CBD, me thinks).

Cheers, T.