Old July 7th 17, 08:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Handlebar rotation

On Friday, July 7, 2017 at 12:37:20 PM UTC-7, sms wrote:
On 7/6/17 9:11 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 7/6/2017 11:00 PM, sms wrote:

What most of us have found is that using adequate lighting causes a
change in behavior of motor vehicles because the cyclists is much more
visible. You have fewer close calls. You have fewer vehicles turning
left in front of you as you approach a traffic light, and fewer
vehicles exiting parking lots or driveways in your path because they
can see you.

I've seen no evidence that those claims apply to "most of us here."
Instead, what I've seen is evidence that you (i.e. Stephen M. Scharf)
and Joerg firmly believe that.

Actually, you believe it too. The issue is that you've become so
invested in false narrative, on a variety of subjects related to
cycling, that you're unwilling to publicly admit what you know is true.

We have a president like that.

I haven't used a front or rear light since the time change, and the world seems pretty much the same. My close calls have been with other cyclists, some of whom were using bright lights -- which apparently is no guaranty of skill on a bike. And BTW, I could see them coming without the lights because many were also dressed in fluorescent clothing. In daylight, I always see the jersey first and light second with rare exception (hard dappled light).

-- Jay Beattie.