Old March 9th 05, 12:13 AM
Bill H.

One thing that I think would help, thought it might not be possible,
would be getting a friend or riding buddy to enter the race with you.
The two of you (or group) could train together and keep each other
motivated as well.

I've always thought that doing something new with is a lot easier when
you have a friend to do it with you.

I am planning to, sometime this year, enter MY first race. But I've
got a LONG way to go to get myself in good enough shape to keep from
embarassing myself. Plus, it's really hard to light a cigarette and
handle difficult singletrack at the same time, so I decided to quit
smoking.

Good luck, have fun, and don't be intimidated. Ride a lot but don't
burn yourself out.

-Bill H.