Old August 1st 07, 09:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
news.plus.net

Default Hiring a fast bike?

Hi,

today on my ride home from work, I managed to beat my personal best average
speed by 0.3 mph. Not a big gain, but I was pleased about it.

I ride a touring bike, an old Harry Hall frame with mudguards, rack, 25c
wide tyres, and had a pannier on one side.

I have often been curious about whether I'd go +loads+ faster on a posh
sporty bike, instead of a touring bike.

I'm not so affluent as to go out and buy a posh sports bike just to try it
out.

So - does anyone have any experience of hiring posh sporty bikes? A quick
google for 'cheshire bike hire' returns the standard mtb hire type things,
but not a lot else.

It's probably a silly query really, but I thought I'd run it past
uk.rec.cycling to see what others thought. I suppose borrowing someone's
bike would be another option, but I don't know anyone with a posh bike, so
that rules that out.

Thanks

Jim