Old January 15th 09, 08:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
monocyclism

Default Buying that first 36er

Klaas Bil;1171017 wrote:
Everything Joe said, and then some:
I don't have a Nightrider myself but I've heard only good things about
it.

You mentioned "some" gradients, so you might want to consider a brake.
Not necessary though.

About the seat: The Nimbus gel saddle is mentioned as default. Some
people prefer that seat over a Kris Holm Fusion Freeride (for distance),
but most riders would pick the KH when given the choice. I haven't
checked but I think they're about equal in price? Especially if you tend
to get "lame parts" during long rides, the KH is better IMHO. UDC would
most likely swap it at little or no additional cost.

Excellent!! I thought I would get on the road then asses how I handle
things on gradients with a view to getting a brake, or not. Yeah, I will
certainly discuss the saddle at time of purchase, thanks for the
pointer.

--
monocyclism