Old July 15th 12, 05:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Wes Groleau

Default Bicycles and the Law

On 07-14-2012 23:08, wrote:
Also, I don't know where you buy your tires but around here if you go to a shop
to buy a Continental Gran Prix they go for $80 and add to that the

cost of a
new tube and you have a cost of nearly $100.

When I get a flat, I patch or replace the three-dollar tube. Rarely do
I have to replace the tire. When, I certainly won't pay $100.

Do you HAVE to have a "Continental Grand Prix" ? Description sounds
like it's for a racing obsession. If that were me, I'd have a racing
bike for races (where the debris you lament has been removed), and
another bike for transportation.

The tire damage you allege either did not happen on a Continental Grand
Prix, or their claims of puncture resistance are lies. In which case, I
wouldn't pay $80 for them. In fact, I wouldn't pay that anyway, since I
can get them (if I want them) for $55 ($14 of that is two-day shipping)

--
Wes Groleau

“Thinking I'm dumb gives people something to
feel smug about. Why should I disillusion them?”
— Charles Wallace
(in _A_Wrinkle_In_Time_)