Old July 17th 12, 06:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Wes Groleau

Default Bicycles and the Law

On 07-16-2012 10:24, Frank Krygowski wrote:
There are some cycling advocates who would prefer that _all_
cycling-specific laws be removed; that bicycles be treated exactly the
same, under the law, as any other vehicle. They say the other "slow
moving vehicle" laws are adequate when the bikes are in fact slow, and
that when bikes are as fast as other traffic, or when there is no other
traffic, bikes should be operated like any other vehicle - for example,
with no requirement to keep far to the right.

There's logic in that position, I think.

Hmmm, guess I'd better buy a slow-moving triangle. Maybe I could snag a
free one the next time I pedal past a tractor or Amish buggy. :-)

(Yep, they're both slower than I am)

--
Wes Groleau

Nutrition for Blokes: Re-engineering your diet for life
http://www.phlaunt.com/quentin