Old September 15th 17, 02:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Is there an updated Dynotest somewhere?

On 9/14/2017 4:57 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 2:32:12 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 9/14/2017 4:02 PM, jbeattie wrote:

As for dynos, I have to re-wire my mood light and get it up and running, maybe buy a bar mount since I no longer have a through-hole in my fork crown (such are modern CF forks on a disc bike -- and I'm not going to drill CF).

That sounds to me like a big disadvantage of a CF fork: the lack of a
mounting hole for a light, a front rack, or anything else.

It is, but hole-less-ness is not universal. There are CF forks with through-holes -- just not on my warranty replacement CAADX. Warranty beggars cannot be choosers. At least it has fender mounts, unlike many other CX bikes.

Just grab a drill and put in a hole. People do it for mounting water
bottle cages so no reason not to do it for lights.