Old August 30th 03, 02:09 AM
ottodog

Default Roof Mount Bike Rack

And were supposed to feel bad for you after you just bought a Porsche. : )

"Titanl9" wrote in message
"news.sonnet.com" wrote in news:vmt3b.3005$xD2.272
@fe01.atl2.webusenet.com:

Looking for a new roof mount bike rack.

Considering, Yakima, Thule, Rocky Mounts

Experiences? Opinions?

Why are these things so damn expensive?

Thanks

Because these racks are exposed to the elements and they have to withstand
the effects of wind as we drive 60-75mph. Bad welds could yield and nice
accident for both your bike and auto, not to forget the damage your bikes
might do if projected into another vehicle.

I've used Yakima & Thule and both are great. I have a great Yakima hitch
mount that's worth every penny of it's $500+.

What's bothersome for me is that my hitch mounts worked fine for any
vehicle with that can take a hitch and was great for my SUV. However, I
just sold that recently and bought a porsche. Now I have to buy porsches
roof rack system... Yikes