Old July 23rd 05, 05:00 AM
NYC XYZ

Default How Do These Airborne Specs Look?

Rich Clark wrote:

One is a flat bar bike, the other is a drop bar bike. They are not
comparable. If you don't know whether you're in the market for one or the
other, you shouldn't be considering either one.

I prefer the more upright one (flatbar), but I'm thinking its
components may be less than desirable, since it's a titanium frame
selling for the same as the aluminum one which the same manufacturer is
claiming to be spec'ed-out nicely (which may well be true since it
actually weighs in slightly less than the ti!).

I can attest to the quality and overall wonderfulness of the Airborne Carpe
Diem I bought four years ago, FWIW. It's still my #1 bike, with somewhere
around 14k miles on it.

RichC

Yes, I know Airborne has a good reputation in general...just wondering
about these particular models.

Are titanium frames stronger than aluminum ones, typically? Lighter,
more flexible or less? Etc.