Old June 12th 09, 01:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
David Rusin

Default Seattle-to-Portland hangers-on allowed?

I'm planning my annual big ride, and it looks like it will bring me to Seattle,
Washington around July 13. If luck is with me, I could even get there around
July 11. I see from the web pages that the annual Seattle-to-Portland ride is
scheduled to take place July 11-12. Tickets are required (because 10,000 riders
is already enough) and the event is sold out. Most people take 2 days to do
the ride; about 15% do it in one day.

Well, I am the kind of idiot who might do it in one day. 'Course, I don't have
a ticket. But what happens if I just "happen" to be riding by on a bicycle?
Is there a mechanism to throw me out? Could I start on the 12th and try to
do it in one day?

I'm not exactly sure why I'm asking, since I usually don't like the big
crowded rides, but since the timing just about works out, it seems like it
would be a pity not to give it a go.

Comments of all sorts welcome.

dave

PS --
Assuming the STP thing doesn't work out: how does a person arriving in
Seattle on a bicycle make his way to the SEA airport and check in a bicycle
on an airplane?