Old March 14th 19, 10:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default The death of rim brakes?

On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 12:21:02 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 3/14/2019 3:43 AM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 12:54:41 AM UTC-4, John B. Slocomb wrote:

I read something to that effect the other day. Some sort of
environmentalist site I think. I wonder what the tree huggers do when
a cougar eats their pet dog :-)

I'm not against environmental issues at all, just those who propose
some "solution" without any thought at all. People that protest fox
hunting while eating a McDonalds hamburger, for instance :-)

Probably the same thing they think when their dog or cat gets attacked by a coyote, coydog or hawk.

I'm actually hoping for something to take the tiny yappy dog next door.
The neighbors are lovely people except for a total inability to
understand how much their dog irritates others, especially after 11:30
PM or before 7:30 AM.

The dog barks whenever it sees something interesting. But it is
interested in everything. And the bark is piercing. Another neighbor
says he can no longer sleep with his windows open.

It's a tiny Yorkie. A cougar or coyote would be overkill. A Great Horned
Owl would do nicely.

Sue the neighbor for loss of sleep. You might even collect enough to
buy a new bicycle :-)

--
Cheers,
John B.