Old March 29th 19, 08:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
soup[_8_]

Default Pavement cyclist causes crasj and scarpers.

On 29/03/2019 11:30, Paul Cummins wrote:
In article , (TMS320) wrote:

I don't understand the notion some
people have that automatic takes something away.

In general, it does take something away... fuel economy.

That'll be why there are so many haulage companies using autobox trucks.
Yes fuel economy CAN be better with a superlatively driven manual versus
autobox but with only 95% of concentration there is nothing in it, after
about ten minutes and concentration down to about 90% autoboxes have
the best fuel economy.

However, having driven both, I think that Auto is ideal for city cars,
and manual for longer distance cruising.

My next car is likely to be a manual hybrid.

Do manual hybrids even exist