Old November 9th 18, 08:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default Preserving en-route repair material

On 10/11/18 5:24 am, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Thu, 08 Nov 2018 06:11:20 +0700, John B. slocomb
wrote:

I have had good luck with keeping the tire tube in a plastic zip-lock
bag. As for glue, once the tube is opened I just throw any remainder
away. My LBS sells tiny tubes of glue for pennies.

I did an experiment sealing a glue bottle inside various types of
plastic bags. None of them prevented the glue from hardening probably
because I allowed too much air inside the bottle and bag. If I do it
again, I'm going to try a CO2 purge and use aluminized mylar bags.
https://www.uline.com/BL_5552/Food-Bags

Reminds me of someone I knew who spent $5 worth of silicon to repair a
$2 plastic bucket.

--
JS