Old January 9th 09, 03:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jtrops

Default How to remove anodizing (rims/cranks) / Polishing aul. to mirror finish.

I have no idea how many things I removed anodizing from back in the bmx
days. Spray oven cleaner like easy off takes the anodizing off. I
don't recall how long you leave it on, but a little trial and error
should get you there. It really was easy though. I don't even think we
had to scrub it. I think it really just wiped off.

Remember, once the anodizing is off there won't be anything to prevent
oxidation of the aluminum, so you might want to be ready with some clear
polyurethane after you polish the metal.

--
jtrops