Old August 16th 05, 05:54 PM
Mikefule

Default Cocker 36 " crank size

I use 150s on the Coker, despite prefering 102s on the 28. Of course, I
have the traditional heavy steel wheel.

I tried 125s and found the Coker perfectly rideable, but stopping
distances increased so much that I found my average speed for a ride
decreased. I have no doubt I could ride a Coker on 110s, but I do
doubt I would enjoy it except for the novelty factor, which would
probably wear off as quickly as the skin on my knees.

Aspenmike rides a Coker on 170s (I believe) and averages very high
speeds - higher than I can average over shorter easier rides on 150s.
Short cranks are not the be all and end all of fast riding.

--
Mikefule - Roland Hope School of Unicycling

http://www.dolphin-morris.co.uk/