Old July 27th 17, 02:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich[_4_]

Default Opinions of this year's Tour?

On Wednesday, July 26, 2017 at 3:38:52 PM UTC-7, Michael wrote:
On Wednesday, July 26, 2017 at 10:23:02 AM UTC-5, Tom Kunich wrote:

It appears that drugs are now pretty much a thing of the past. The Blood Passports promote honesty and that will certainly bring back real American participation.

It really does feel like illegal drug use is a thing of the past. However, there is such an incentive and so much sophistication in its use that I doubt we can ever say for sure.

They can try. But the question is: will the tour committee hide it like they did with Armstrong? At that time the committee knew that everyone was doping and they didn't want a black eye on the Tour so they ignored it. The final result was a bigger black eye so I think that they will be a lot more alert now.