Old February 15th 18, 07:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default my fixie doesn't need improvement

On 2018-02-14 09:22, AMuzi wrote:
but for some of you...

https://cyclingindustry.news/new-pat...n-bike-system/

And then, way out in the boonies, your battery gives out.

The guys writing that patent may not have much of a clue about serious
MTB riding.

Have you ever ridden or lived with a bike with electronic shifting? I doubt it. Because anyone who has owned and ridden a Shimano Di2 bike would fall on their butt laughing at your nonsense about a battery giving out. Ha Ha Ho Ho. On my Di2 road bike the batteries last 2 to 3 years between charges. Again that is 2 to 3 YEARS between charges. I suspect you replace your shift cables more often than I charge the battery on my Di2 bike. Ha Ha Ho Ho.

And just for your information. When a Di2 battery gets weak and loses the ability to function, the front derailleur shifting will stop first. And then hundreds/thousands of shifts later, the rear shifting will stop. So you have weeks or months of warning long before the rear derailleur stops shifting with Di2.