Old November 12th 18, 07:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

Default Replacing a used front rim

On 11/12/18 6:24 PM, Tanguy Ortolo wrote:
Hello again,

Tanguy Ortolo, 2018-10-17 16:36+0200:
A couple of months ago, I noticed my rear rim was worn out, with some
scratches I attributed to braking with sand or gravel on the pads. I
therefore replaced the wheel, and noticed that at some points, the old
ril was almost pierced!

Now, since I am replacing it anyway, it will be a bit trickier than just
changing the wheel, because I have a hub dynamo. I will therefore have
to buy a new naked rim, (ligature the wheel spokes,) despoke the old
wheel, and respoke it with the new rim.

Thanks for all the advice, I have just done the work, taping the rims
together and moving spokes one by one from one rim to the new one.

This allowed me to pay attention to things that never really bothered me
before, like spoke lubrication, vertical truing, spoke torsion and
stress relief.

Give yourself to the Dark Side. It is the only way...

snip