Old November 2nd 08, 04:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default Isle of Man Cycling Circuit

Clive George wrote:
"Michael Baldwin" wrote in message

ps - have you ever taken in the IoM TT race?

Have ridden bits of the course, but only a little. Seen the bales. Have seen
the George Formby film set there. Have quite enough people killing
themselves on motorbikes where I live, let alone on the IoM...

(there was a case where a plod had to watch over the body for several hours
while Yorkshire and Lancashire plod discussed whose problem it was, since he
did it on the boundary).

While we are on the subject, Andy Wilkinson beat Chris Boardman's time
on the TT circuit by over 5 minutes with the assist of riding a fully
faired Windcheetah "Speedy" trike [1]. There were apparently some issues
with fade of the drum brakes, making for rather exciting descents.

[1] http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/images/gto/speedy.jpg.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
If you are not a part of the solution, you are a part of the precipitate.