Old August 14th 04, 12:36 AM
Luigi de Guzman

Default Oh bother

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 22:56:49 GMT, the black rose
wrote:

Luigi de Guzman wrote:
On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:45:09 GMT, the black rose
wrote:

It looks like the 2005 bikes won't be out in August. More like
November. I only waited until now because the new bikes were supposed
to be out this month. If I'd seriously tried to get an '04, I could
have bought one last month, but at this point, the bike shops are down
to the last pickings and the manufacturers aren't making any more '04 bikes.

Oh bother, said Pooh.

So I'm stuck with this ding-danged heavy hybrid for the rest of the
season. I found this out, came home, stole the last Spaten (straight

from Munich) out of the fridge, and drank it while pouting, and I'm

still feeling peevish about it.

That's rather excessive--!

Drinking one beer is excessive? Sure, it was the last one, but geez.

*blinks*

Oh!

Somehow, I read "Spatlese" instead. 30cl of beer is one thing; 75 cl
of wine is quite another. And it was many bottles of really quite
good Spatlese that my buddy had brought from home that we were
drinking.

Back to the matter at hand: if the shops are down to their last few,
you'll be in a great position to get a deal on whatever they've got
left. It's worth going round and asking....that's how I got my nice
bike.

Eh, I'm pretty familiar with what's left. Trust me, there aren't any
bikes left small enough for me, much less women specific.

I wanted to try stuff. I was hoping to find something women's specific
(I'm short-waisted, I need a shorter top tube), for the road but with
relaxed geometry for extended rides, and as light as I can afford. But
there's nothing to try, and nothing coming in until November.

That's funny. The shop down the road from me has a lot of very small
road bikes hanging around.

Local supply and demand. It's a killer.

-Luigi

Beats me how bike shops stay in business if you can't buy a bike in
August, ferpetesake.

*sigh*

-km