Old October 31st 04, 03:23 PM
Mike Kruger

On 30 Oct 2004 00:33:48 -0700,
(Chalo) wrote:

No kidding. If I read the article correctly, the guy

lost an average
of 3.5 pounds per day for four months _before_ he got the

surgery!
And he was still eating 1200 cal/day, an intake that

would pass for
normal in many impoverished parts of the world. That

makes me wonder
why he'd need surgery at all-- because the noninvasive

option seemed
to be doing phenomenally well.

Only a guess follows.
You can't really lose 3.5 pounds a day for 4 months if these
pounds are "normal" pounds. Doesn't it take a calorie
reduction of over 3000 calories to cause a pound of weight
loss? So, I would guess he had severe fluid retention
issues and that most of that large weight loss was water.
That's the 'easy' weight loss, and this rate of decrease
probably could not be sustained much further.

--
Mike Kruger
A new Florida poll shows President Bush winning the state by