Old October 29th 14, 09:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default Can't We All Just Get Along?

"Blackblade" wrote in message ...

You know what ... you're an idiot. You start a thread

pointing out how dangerous it has become to go riding on a road ... then
advocate that riders desert the trails and instead ride on the road !

Bicycles are wheeled contraptions that were designed for
streets and roads. Some roads are extremely dangerous to be cycling, others are
relatively safe. The only idiot here, as usual, is you!

And you want to stop riders on relatively safe trails (much lower fatality numbers) and displace them onto more dangerous roads.

I most definitely want to displace them off of hiking trails. So what else is new!

Mountain bikers are barbarians and have no right to be on any trail used by hikers – unless they want to get off their god damn ****ing bikes and walk like everyone else. When they crash and injure themselves, I rejoice! If and when they manage to kill themselves, I say good riddance to bad rubbish! Death to mountain biking!

“Tread softly! All the earth is holy ground.”
~ Christina Rossetti (Psalm 24),
from "A Later Life: A Double Sonnet of Sonnets"

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great