Old February 10th 19, 07:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Conbtinental has come out with a GP5000S and a GP5000TL

On 2019-02-09 09:52, wrote:

I learned pretty soon that paying more than $20 for a road bike tire is
a waste of money. In fact, they can be worse than expensive tires.
Similar for MTB tires.

That depends on your riding conditions and requirements. I ride on good
roads on my road bikes and get 4500 km out of a Continental 4000S(2) rear
tire and expect the same from the 5000 so price is not that important.

Lou

I get about the same mileage and very few flats. I think I’ve had one flat
in the last 10,000km and that was a tube giving out when I hit a pothole
hard. I ride on roads but I can’t say they’re always good roads.

Maybe Joerg is riding his road bike on single track carrying 4 gallons of
water or something...

--
duane

George does ride over gravel roads. Consequently he gets sidewall cuts.