Old June 20th 16, 02:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg

Default doubling up single Torpedo wire wheels

AMuzi writes:

A modern nylon plate under the BB works very
well. I added one in 1985, no trouble since.

How does that work? Like two small tunnels?
They don't get jammed with dirt from being so
low, under the bike? And how do you attach
the plate?

As for rust, obviously that isn't a problem
with the small Torpedo pulley wheels which are
of some white plastic (?) - however parts of
the flanges to make the chute are sometimes
missing (broke).

Perhaps this happens all the more here because
of the winters, but plastic parts are almost
always defect in some way. Only sticky tape on
bikes are much worse still...

An example (of plastic) speaking of Torpedo is
the three speed controller vs. actually both
versions of the five speed controller.
The three speed one is much less plastic and is
almost always just open, clean, oil up and it
works instantly. On the other controllers,
which are much more plastic (especially the one
with pozidriv screws) today I disassembled two,
to get one, as on one, there was a crack in the
back case part, and on the other, a crack in
the arm!

But apart from being in plastic, I actually
like the "pozidriv screws" controller - very
easy and fast to operate...

- so far: 52 Blogomatic articles -