Old July 20th 19, 07:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Theodore Heise[_2_]

Default Making bike less likey to be vandalized

On Sat, 20 Jul 2019 10:49:55 -0000 (UTC),
Duane wrote:
wrote:
On Thursday, July 18, 2019 at 10:13:41 PM UTC-5, AK wrote:
Last night, someone broke off my headlight and it's 2 18650
battery pack.

I can not carry my bike up two stairs as I have back and neck
problems.

I do not know how much my Huffy mountain bike weighs, but it
is quite heavy.

It has a luggage rack, bottle holder, and one of those bulb
activated "clown horns."

One option is to ask manager if I can install some pulleys to
pull my bike up to my balcony.

I do not give that much of a probability of being okayed.

Any other ideas come to mind?

To minimize the chance of being vandalized, ride the worst
bike imaginable. Ride a bike that is trashy and needs to be
thrown in the dump. The scum people of the world will not
vandalize it. I agree with the other person who said get a
carbon bike. Or more correctly, a lighter weight bike. A
bike less than 20 pounds. Easier to carry.

Life is too short to drink ****ty coffee or cheap bourbon or
ride crappy bikes.

IAWTP.

--