Old January 12th 05, 01:42 PM

Jet wrote:
From ProCycling news:
"Armstrong admitted that according to the terms of his contract with

his
new employers he will be riding the Tour at least one more time, but

he
maintained his prior position of not allowing himself to be drawn on
whether that one time will be 2005 or 2006. Once again, Armstrong

stated
that he would ride a number of the spring Classics before deciding

whether
to try for a seventh consecutive Tour win."

snip

Why he's being cagey, except to take the pressure off, and/or to

disorient
his rivals (who?)...is a matter for speculation. I don't see the few

that

Maybe he just wants to focus on some of the classics before deciding
whether to ride the Tour? That would allow him to put a legitimate
effort into spring races then afterwards see whether the program
resulted in good enough form to contest the Tour. Seems to me like
it's not necessarily cagey.

Janek