Old May 7th 05, 01:48 PM
richard

How did you end up with leather ones? I have a new pair and a pair
that's about 5 yr old. They're both made of a synthetic called "lorica".

Now, I sweat a LOT. In the summer, they get stiff and show salt
deposits on the outers. A couple of times a year, I dunk them in a
bucket of water with a bit of laundry detergent. After 8-16 hours with
a ski boot drier (blows room temperature air only), they're deep black
and supple as ever.

Callistus Valerius wrote:
Since SIDI shoes have gone up in price so much in the last couple years,
I'd like to keep the ones I have now, looking good. What is the best stuff
to rub on the leather, that will preserve them the best against the
elements? I have the SIDI Genius model.