Old May 7th 05, 04:20 PM
Mark Janeba

Callistus Valerius wrote:
Since SIDI shoes have gone up in price so much in the last couple years,
I'd like to keep the ones I have now, looking good. What is the best stuff
to rub on the leather, that will preserve them the best against the
elements? I have the SIDI Genius model.

As others have posted, the shoes are probably made of the synthetic
Lorica, not leather. My pair has been through 6 winters here in the wet
northwest (US) and look near new after a quick wipe down with a moist
rag. Another poster's "wash in a bucket" routine sounds good too;
getting soaked has had no bad effects on these shoes in my experience.

The fancy buckle is mounted on a plastic side panel; if the panel never
cracks, the shoes may outlast me! They are starting to look like one of
the best investments I ever made. (One of the few shoes I've ever fit
well, too - in Mega sizing).

Mark Janeba