Old January 15th 09, 02:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
JJuggle

Default Unicycle articles (but wait there's more...)

WHEN ONE WHEEL WILL DO THE JOB
Erin Brady
Daily Examiner (Grafton)

WALKING takes too long, she’s not old enough to drive and riding a bike
is just not that exciting for 12-year-old Rachel Mackey.

So when she wants to go anywhere around her home town of Grafton,
Rachel jumps on her unicycle and travels in style.

“My friends think it’s a bit weird, but that’s okay,” she said.

Rachel has been unicycling for two years and received a brand new bike
for Christmas.

“I’ve needed a new one so I could do more tricks,” Rachel said.

When she first started, Rachel said the hardest part was getting up and
moving. But now she just takes a step back then swings up onto the seat
and peddles off down the street.

“Once you’ve learnt getting up, it’s pretty easy really,” she said.

The Clarence Valley Anglican School student gets most of her
inspiration off the internet, where she found her idol, extreme
unicyclist Kris Holm.

Mr Holm has ridden some of the highest mountains in the world,
rock-hopped around lakes and ridden the Great Wall of China.

So with Kris’s style of unicycling in mind, Rachel has set herself a
goal.

“I want to try and get really good at unicycling and go to world events
one day,” she said.

Rachel can also juggle three balls on her unicycle.

“My friends think it’s a bit weird but that’s ok.”

--
JJuggle

Raphael Lasar - Matawan, NJ

Employee: I wont be in today, I'm in bed with general malaise.
Co-worker: And how is the General?