Old April 5th 18, 09:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default High visibility law yields no improvement in safety

On 4/4/2018 7:15 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:
On Wed, 4 Apr 2018 11:57:40 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

We shouldn't be telling people they have to
change clothes before they ride a bike, just as we shouldn't be telling
people they need to change clothes before going for a walk.

When I go for a walk after dark, I always wear light-colored clothing.

This is a big issue in my area. People out walking at night in dark
clothing. There have been people killed because of this.

But Frank is right, we shouldn't be telling people that they should be
wearing visible clothing by law. People should be smart enough to figure
this out for themselves. Education is better than legislation.