Old April 13th 18, 05:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Desperate needs = desperate but workable solution

On 2018-04-12 14:51, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 4/12/2018 3:51 PM, jbeattie wrote:

Get these:
https://www.bikenashbar.com/cycling/...-vl-chd11-base
Wait until Nashbar runs a 40% off deal. Hit the stickers with a hair
dryer or heat gun, and they peel right off.

I bought some cheap Vuelta disc wheels from my commuter bike
expecting them to die in a month or two -- but no, they're really
tough. The QR is ****, so throw that away, and for some reason, the
axle ends don't bite into my rear dropout, so the wheel can shift,
which is a little odd but probably peculiar to my bike. So far, the
wheel has been a great value. Standard J-bend spokes and replaceable
cartridge bearings, so it is reparable.

I predict that those won't work for Joerg.

I think they would, since Jay used them on a tandem. How does one find
out when Nashbar has their 40% off days without signing up for an email
barrage?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/