Old March 8th 09, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

Default Shared cycle path - auditorially distracted pedestro-kretinsstepping into the path of cycles

On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 17:38:52 +0100
aigle_de_la_route wrote:

If I do something 'asinine' on my bicycle whilst mingling with
vehicles far heavier and more destructive than my body and a Surly,
then don't cry for me. Cos it'll be no more than I deserve. We
tolerate ****ing idiots too much already. The world is full of them,
and the world is overcrowed.

If I ride like a ****wit, then I'll get a ****wit's reward. That
seems only fair. How is it any different when some retard walks on a
cycle path (you know, the bit of the ground with big ****ing bicycle
symbols on it?) wearing a set of earplugs and caring only for his
sorry arse and his music?

Newsflash: the world is full of people whose intellectual and/or
emotional development leaves something to be desired. If you can't
accept and deal with that in a way that doesn't impact negatively on
you then you're probably not too smart yourself. While the species
that rather grandly refers to itself as Homo sapiens sapiens is
possibly doomed to destroy itself and take the planet with it, you have
a degree of control over the space inside your head, and some influence
on the small area around you - use it wisely or create your own little
bubble of unpleasantness. More easily said than done, of course -
having evolved as hunter-gatherers living in small groups our social
skills are woefully inadequate for the society in which we now live.
But it's only a small planet orbiting a small star in a universe of
millions of galaxies ...