Old June 10th 11, 01:27 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Travis

Default Bursting tyres with heavy loading

On Jun 1, 5:58*pm, Travis wrote:

Should I blame the tyres, and possibly ask for a refund from Torpedo7,
or blame the tubes and maybe try for a refund from the eBay vendor, or
is a bursting rear tyre normal enough when one tries to load them up
with a 100kg+ rider, a 20kg bike and 15kg of luggage?

As a follow-up to this, Torpedo7 agreed to a warranty claim on the
tyre and have mailed me another one. They didn't have any more tyres
of my type in stock on the website, but some tech apparently found one
last one in the workshop or something and they're sending me that one.

Since Torpedo7 did the right thing by me, I thought they deserved a
little public acknowledgement that their customer service in this case
was pretty good!

Travis