Old April 15th 15, 05:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
T0m $herman

Default Inside a Chainglider after 3500km with zero chain maintenance

On 4/14/2015 6:20 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:

Back in the 1980s, I met a guy with a recumbent set up with hundreds of
gears. I forget the details now, but IIRC an intermediate shaft was
part of the scheme.

Both the bike and the rider had a scrappy post-apocalyptic vibe, as if
everything had been hammer-welded together out of salvaged oil drums. A
very odd character, combat boots and two helmet-mounted mirrors...

And BTW, I think Tom Sherman might have known him. Tom? Am I right?

If you are thinking of this guy, I know of him but do not know him
personally: http://www.outsideconnection.com/gallant/hpv/joe/

--
T0m $herm@n