Old October 21st 17, 02:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Build it and they won't come

On Friday, October 20, 2017 at 12:51:06 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 10/20/2017 3:02 AM, John B. wrote:
On Thu, 19 Oct 2017 16:26:44 -0400, Radey Shouman
wrote:

Frank Krygowski writes:

On 10/19/2017 12:45 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, October 18, 2017 at 8:50:27 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 10/18/2017 9:28 PM, AMuzi wrote:

Licensed machine guns or light automatics used in any
criminal manner at all are virtually unknown. I linked earlier to the
numbers, something over 5,000 in Ohio alone.

How about that? Gun control works!

Apparently you refuse to understand that one nut does not a federal
law require.

You've forgotten that America has had many, many mass shootings in
recent decades. You've forgotten that many more than one gun nut has
been involved.

You use a stupid "study" of "mass shootings" that are almost
entirely gang warfare using guns that are already illegal to "prove"
that we have to jump to your delinquent tune.

Feel free to exempt gang warfare if you like, even though that's
rather odd. (Do you think it should be allowed??) You're still left
things like mass shootings of students in schools, people attending
church, people at office parties, people in night clubs, people
attending concerts. I suppose you must not remember those?

Why don't you apply the hammer you're always harping on with bicycle
related deaths, and compare actual death tolls? Like your odds, as a
USAian, of being shot by police vs being shot by a total stranger in a
mass shooting. I think you'll find that, while shootings are a problem
in our country, the "newsworthy" incidents that have you so hyped up
are, in fact, a "negligible" problem.

The real gun problems a suicide, suicide, being killed by a "loved
one", and, for young men, being killed while involved in criminal
activity.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/mortality/lcwk9.htm
Contains 113 causes of death in the U.S.

Accidental firearm discharge is #100, Assault with a firearm is #107
and Firearm discharge cause unknown is #110.

And your point is... what?

Would you say that hand grenades should be totally legal, because they
don't appear on the list?

The largest cause of gun deaths by far is suicide. Do you know that at one time suicide was against the law? That was so that people like you could try and grab guns. It didn't work.