Old October 21st 17, 03:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Build it and they won't come

On Friday, October 20, 2017 at 1:03:22 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 10/20/2017 11:53 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, October 19, 2017 at 11:00:07 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 10/19/2017 12:45 PM,
wrote:

You use a stupid "study" of "mass shootings" that are almost entirely gang warfare using guns that are already illegal to "prove" that we have to jump to your delinquent tune.

Feel free to exempt gang warfare if you like, even though that's rather
odd. (Do you think it should be allowed??) You're still left things like
mass shootings of students in schools, people attending church, people
at office parties, people in night clubs, people attending concerts. I
suppose you must not remember those?...

What I think is odd that you believe that drug gangs shooting each other with illegal weapons often gained from the police themselves which are illegal for convicted felons to own should be counted as some sort of crime that could be preventable.

I'm familiar with your argument, Tom. "If guns are outlawed, only
outlaws will have guns."

But hand grenades are outlawed. I don't see lots of gang members
throwing hand grenades. That law seems to work.

Australia outlawed or very heavily restricted certain guns after one of
their mass shootings. Those guns didn't totally disappear, but they
became much more rare. It was partly a matter of practicality and
economics. Since legal ones weren't available, thieves couldn't steal
them as often. Since there were fewer stolen ones to pass around, the
price of one on the black market surged. Many criminals just couldn't
afford to buy one.

And for your subtext, which seems to be "nothing can be done," there's
this:
https://www.theonion.com/no-way-to-p...s-r-1819578287

Are Americans really that stupid?

Tell you what Frank - move to Australia where the laws so obviously agree with your idfiology.

Hand grenades aren't illegal because they're hand grenades but because they are a form of bomb. Fully automatic weapons aren't illegal in most states because they are fully automatic but because they would put weapons in the hands of people that could outgun the police forces.

As I said, if you do not like the conditions of this country - the Constitutional rights then leave. Go to your much smarter Australia.