Old April 21st 19, 08:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Do cyclists make better motorcyclists?

On Monday, August 30, 2004 at 1:03:35 PM UTC-5, dw wrote:
Do the 2-wheel skills go along when you use a metal motor?

no, not really at all.

There's a big difference between a 10 pound 10 speed powered by a half horsepower you and a 500+ lb motorcycle powered by a 70-200 hp motor.

Steering is different from cars or bicycles much more dramatic leaning. you actually have to actually Obey traffic laws, Cyclists tend to ignore the fact that they are supposed to obey them if they are on the road. you also have to pay much better attention to your surroundings, road conditions, other people on the road, people who aren't yet on the road. a little gravel will put you on your ass way faster on a motorcycle and it can mess you up a lot more, I almost had it happen rear wheel kicked out but i caught myself with my leg which took a lot more strength than most people have, when you catch a 600 lb bike.