Old June 5th 21, 02:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Electric Bikes

On Fri, 04 Jun 2021 18:21:30 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 11:17:16 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 9:44:17 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 06:30:51 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

Frank, when you're making your stupid comments it might be wise to actually know what you're talking about. Tell us what American company is presently making solar panels and what type they are?

U.S. solar panel manufacturers: a list of American-made solar panels
https://news.energysage.com/u-s-solar-panel-manufacturers-list-american-made-solar-panels/

DAM- Jeff!!!!! Why do you keep putting out these simple facts to disprove Tom and make him a Liar?

Sorry. That was an accident. I decided that I was wasting too much
time correcting Tom's mistakes and that I have some better things to
do this summer. Unfortunately, I couldn't resist reading a few R.B.T.
articles and landed on Tom's proclamation declaring the US solar panel
manufacturing business to be dead. Before I could stop myself, I
reflexively searched for applicable information and posted what looked
like accurate information contradicting Tom's unsubstantiated
allegation. I would have included a few choice quotes, but didn't
feel that it was necessary because the entire article contradicts
Tom's allegation. Elapsed time, including reading the article twice,
was about 5 minutes. Since Tom's replies were the usual insults and
topic changes, I suspect that the 5 minutes might have exceeded his
attention span.

Mo

"Outsourcing? Not LG - Our Solar Panels are Made by Us"
https://www.lg.com/us/solar/blog/outsourcing-not-lg-our-solar-panels-are-made-by-us

"Top 5 American solar panel manufacturers in 2020"
https://www.solarreviews.com/blog/best-american-solar-panel-manufacturers

You might find this video interesting:
"Solar Panel Showdown: Sunpower VS Bifacial VS Used VS Renogy VS Rich
Solar"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-auRHKq2-A (13:46)
https://www.youtube.com/c/WillProwse/videos
Will Prowse runs a few simple tests of various solar panels. Solar
panels don't seem to follow the advertised specs and promises.

The, perhaps horrifying, question then becomes are you, or is Tom the
"typical American"? Or to phrase it another way, "has the U.S. become
a nation where unsupported "tweets" have become the truth"?
--
Cheers,

John B.