Old October 10th 09, 02:03 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman 起豺_2_]

Default Triton trikes?

Doug Cimper wrote:
wrote:
Hello,

Target carries a trike brand that's totally new to me:
http://www.asaproducts.com/.

Has anybody here heard of Triton Trikes before?

Regards,
Cullen
Appleton, WI

Every few months somebody brings this company up.

I haven't seen one of these things close up so I don't know for certain,
but to many of us it appears that the cranks are fixed to the front hub.
Like, a 1:1 drive ratio... -with a fairly-small front wheel.

It /may/ be that the hub-cranks have internal gears, but the videos I've
seen showed no gear selectors. The crank-hub does freewheel, which we
see a lot in the videos on the website, because they often show people
coasting down hills.

The steering mechanism used in this product is not positively stable at
high speeds, but as you can see the engineers in charge of it have seen
fit to make it as difficult to achieve high speeds as possible, in order
to better protect their customers.

It could be useful for physical therapy, but nobody who is considering a
"normal" trike (like Catrike, Wizwheels, Terratrike ect) for "normal"
adult riding is going to be interested.
~

With full perimeter bumpers, you could play bumper cars in a parking lot.

Not to be confused with the HPM Tritan
http://hpm.catoregon.org/?page_id=95, which is basically a Ryan
Vanguard converted into a delta trike.

--