Old January 19th 11, 07:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Wes Newell

Default Electric bikes.

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 09:46:56 -0500, dgk wrote:

Considering that a Bionx PL-350 kit is almost $2000, do you really think
that someone can sell a bike for $900 that is anywhere near as good as
the Trek?

What does it matter. The bike I have now cost $99 new.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/NEXT-Avalo...-Bike/14272884

I just started riding it about 4 months ago. Before that I had the
womens model and put about 500 miles on it. So far I've put about 800
miles on it and it shows no sign of wear. It's only a 7 speed, so I
recently ordered a 21 speed of the same type for $200.

http://www.amazon.com/Kent-Sierra-Ma.../dp/B000BT9VSM

With a little care, both of these should last years. $900 for a bike. You
don't want to know what I think about that.:-)

As for the motor kit, I wouldn't spend more than $300 for any of them.