Old October 29th 17, 11:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Innertube Stems

On Sunday, October 29, 2017 at 3:11:44 PM UTC-7, wrote:
As Andy mentioned, Michelin makes smooth presta stems in every length. Order them from Europe to get better prices. Also replace the chuck on the Silca pump with a Topeak head and hose. The head operates with a lever and works perfectly. Unlike the Silca chucks.

My previous Husky pump worked very well until the head broke. So I ordered a Topeak hose and head and it installed easily and worked well for about a year and then started splitting. I suspect that the pressure gauge was lousy too so I dumped the whole thing and really would be very careful of Topeak components. Some are very good such as saddle packs, others like that pump head are questionable at best. It was a good design but should have been made of metal.