Old December 10th 06, 05:52 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default Tom Stienstra: "Gridlock in wild areas: Time for new policies"

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 23:43:47 -0500, "S Curtiss"
wrote:

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
.. .
On 4 Dec 2006 10:44:07 -0800, "Beej" wrote:

On Dec 4, 9:03 am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
by taking trails away from the majority, and giving them over to
exclusive use by a minority: mountain bikers. There is no user
conflict. the conflict is merely over the presence of BIKES, which are
not users.

It'd be like one of those trails where only mountain bikers were
allowed, but not mountain bikes. :-)

Fortunately, most people are pretty nice. Lots of friendly hikers are
out there when I bike, and lots of friendly bikers are out there when I
hike.

I like the multi-use single track in China Camp--everyone seems to get
along just fine, there.

Of course, because most of the hikers & equestrians who don't like
being around mountain bikers were driven out of the park!

He just stated the multi-use option is working and that everyone gets along
fine. Can't you read? Your denying the statements of an eye witness has NO
merit.

I'm not convinced this bikes-only route is the
way to go. It seems like it would breed resentment instead of a spirit
of cooperation.

As long as mountain bikers are friendly, courteous, and respectful to
other trail users, they'll always be welcomed.

BS. It's the BIKES we object to. There's nothing dangerous about not
smiling.

There is no "we" that is objecting. It is YOU and an extremist minority that
has never been satisfied and vilify everything outside of your narrow view
with nothing but emotion and opinion.

The huge number of
multi-use trails in the country speaks for itself in this regard.

Yes - They do!

-Beej

===

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are
fond of!

HEADLINE NEWS ITEM THIS WEEK
The study, published this week in the Journal of the National Cancer
Institute, is the largest yet to find no bad news about the safety of cell
phones and the radio-frequency energy they emit.

LIAR! That was ONLY about CANCER! DUH!
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande