Old September 8th 18, 05:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Bus racks

On 2018-09-08 09:00, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 9/8/2018 10:12 AM, Joerg wrote:
I have a small SUV but that only holds one bike so if a friend comes
along we either need a truck or two cars.

Why on earth can you not carry more than one bike with a small SUV?

You need a receiver plus an outside bike rack, neither of which I have.
I can get one bike inside but laying another on top of it is out because
the lifting aggravates my back pain and it can smash stuff on the bikes,
such as derailers.

In 1985 we bought a new Honda Civic station wagon. That's a very tiny
car. Yet a year later we drove that car to California and back, towing a
tiny camping trailer and carrying three bikes. Two (including the
tandem) were on the roof and one was on the rear rack.

Don't have a roof or rear rack, and no receiver.

In 2004 we bought a Pontiac Vibe. I could carry our two touring bikes
vertically _inside_ the car by removing the front wheels and using two
of those floor-mount front fork clamps. I also had to remove my
seatpost, but my wife's bike fit without that bother. If I wanted to add
the roof rack and rear rack, I could carry up to seven bikes.

You seem to have SO many problems that others easily solve!

I am likely a lot taller than you because the Mitsubishi Montero Sport
will not allow any of my bikes to sit vertically inside. My wife's, yes,
but not mine. Shrinking a foot in height is obviously not an easy solution.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/