Old October 13th 18, 01:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Kuma Bicycle Company

On 10/12/2018 6:23 PM, wrote:
On Friday, October 12, 2018 at 1:03:49 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Thank you Andrew!

On Friday, October 12, 2018 at 2:52:11 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/12/2018 1:24 PM,
wrote:
On Friday, October 5, 2018 at 7:24:51 AM UTC-4, wrote:
www.kumabicyclecompany.
Slowly getting traction.

Your post might have helped them get more traction if you had posted a complete link.
https://www.kumabicyclecompany.com/

Did a quick perusal, assumed another chinese 'brand'. But
no, these are Chicago built carbon frames. Amazing. Wish
them well.

The CX is a damn good looking bike. After seeing some CF bikes break for no discernable reason I was worried about them. I did a LOT of research and am now of the conclusion that what we have seen is little more than growing pains of a relatively new technology.

As a suggestion I would think it might be a very good idea to lay a couple of layers of graphene in between the carbon fiber layers. Done correctly I think you could kiss off ever seeing a frame failure.

Maybe, maybe not.
https://phys.org/news/2016-02-graphe...ong-tough.html

Right now best technology is carbon and other fibers
randomly aligned then pressure molded. This seems, in
practice, to perform better than multilayer sheets.

For example, look at your Campagnolo cranks in a good light.
The random shapes in random directions perform very well as
compared to older designs.
https://www.campagnolo.com/US/en/Com...ecord_crankset

For frames, pressure molding is prohibitive so misaligned
sheet layers are a reasonable path.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/