Old April 12th 15, 01:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Engine insulation

When wool tights went out of fashion, I had to make do with sweat
pants.

Sweat pants are too long as purchased. I have learned the hard way
that it's a bad idea to shorten anything before it's been washed, and
I didn't want to wash them until after they had gotten dirty. Well,
pants that are pinned close around the ankles aren't going to draggle
or get tripped over, and I can push the excess up above my knees and
put garters just below the knees.

When pants are short enough to walk in, pinning leaves a gap that I
usually cover with gaiters; too-long pants can be brought right down
to the tops of my shoes. And that doesn't leave all that much to be
held up; if I'm not wearing multiple layers, I can dispense with the
garters.

So now all my winter cycling pants are too long to walk in.

--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://n3f.home.comcast.net/ -- Writers' Exchange