Old March 19th 18, 02:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default milling machine

On 3/18/2018 7:08 PM, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 00:35:20 +0100, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

What do you think guys, maybe this one is
a good choice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jML8nVSntuE

The beginning scenes - no loose clothing, no rings or wris****ch, etc.
is good advice. I once worked with a guy that caught a ring on
something when he jumped down out of the bomb bay and tore the skin
off the back of his finger. Just pealed off a strip all the way from
the base of his finger to the fingernail. An Electrician, working on
the same airplane shorted out the main battery bank with his wedding
ring. Melted the gold ring right off his finger (that didn't do the
finger any good either)

As a young Airman those experiences convinced me that jewelry and
working are a poor combination and even today I automatically remove
rings and watches when going to work.

South Bend Lathe manual, 1914, inside back cover, "Before
starting to work on a lathe, roll up your sleeves and remove
your necktie."

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/