Old March 29th 18, 05:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Changing Seasons

On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 17:18:14 -0400, Joy Beeson
wrote:

After using the hose yesterday, I left it attached to our frost-proof
faucet, reasoning that if a hard freeze were predicted, it would be
unusual enough to remind me to run out and unscrew it.

At dawn tomorrow, the temperature will dip below freezing briefly.
Probably not long enough to freeze a faucet, but unscrewing the hose
after I cleaned the cat box today appeared to be the better part of
valor.

Weather Underground also says that the rain will stop tonight and
tomorrow will be cloudy with winds below ten miles per hour. Beats
shifting down to ride downhill, as I did on my latest excursion! But
they will shift from out of north to out of the west at about the time
I turn around and start going south. (The route to Leesburg is pretty
much due north, with few windbreaks.)

Weather Underground also says most of the clothing I start out wearing
is going to come back in the pannier: freezing at dawn and close to
48F from 16:00 to 18:00. Sunset about eight, civil twilight until
half past.

Now to work up some enthusiasm for going someplace. Perhaps if I show
my spouse the e-mail from Duck Down & Above, I can talk him into
asking for some frozen meat. If I thought I could jump straight from
twenty miles to thirty, I'd go to Spring Creek.

Cool! Google Maps now shows a chart of elevations when in bicycle
mode. Or maybe that's only when I log in with Firefox; XP crashed
when I tried to open Pale Moon to check. Well, it didn't crash, it
just said it wouldn't open it until I re-booted. (Agent and Pale Moon
are on different computers, so I can continue writing while XP
resets.)

--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://wlweather.net/PAGEJOY/