Old August 1st 13, 09:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
ian field

Default Do pedestrians always have the right of way?

"Gus" wrote in message
In the US, I have heard it said "pedestrians always have the right-of-way"
but I think it's an old wives tale and not true in RL.

Found an article that seem apropos. Even sites "vehicle code" (assuming
referring to SF, or CA)

"The other morning, on my normal cycling commute to the train station, a
pedestrian yelled at me. I had been waiting at a red light. When it turned
green, I started into an intersection heading north. On the other side of
the intersection, as I was about halfway through, a pedestrian and his
friend who had been walking west stepped into the street, directly in my
path.

Devious buggers those pedestrians - some will dive under the front wheel of
anything with a front wheel!!!