Old August 2nd 13, 04:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

Default Do pedestrians always have the right of way?

Gus wrote:
:In the US, I have heard it said "pedestrians always have the
:right-of-way" but I think it's an old wives tale and not true in RL.

In Illinois, it is now the law that you must stop for pedestrians in a
crosswalk, even when the signals say otherwise. (It was, until last
year, merely required to yield for them.) This does not happen where
there are lights. It does occasionally happen at unsignalized
intersections, where there's a sign in the middle of the street
reminding drivers of the law.

--
sig 80